COVID-19: New Office Procedures
We look forward to welcoming you back for routine eyecare and eyewear services!
Your experience matters to us. Our team has worked hard to develop a new approach to eyecare with consideration for the realities of COVID-19. Our office procedures will continue to change in response to COVID-19 as guidelines from Public Health Ontario and the College of Optometrists of Ontario evolve.
What to Expect at Your Next Visit
While our team members will look different wearing safety glasses and masks, we are still smiling and happy to continue your care.
To ensure your next visit is as safe, efficient and enjoyable as possible, please prepare as follows:
- Arrive wearing a mask and refrain from touching it during your visit. If you wish to purchase a mask from MEO for $4, please advise our team in advance. Masks are essential for everyone over the age of two.
- Come alone, unless you are accompanying a child or require a translator or aid. If your family member or helper does not accompany you into the exam room, please have them wait outside.
- Leave all unnecessary items such as food, drinks, coats and large bags in your car or at home.
- Avoid touching anything you do not need to. MEO is offering white glove service. If you see a frame you like, please ask for assistance and one of our team members will happily bring it to you to try on.
- Practice physical distancing (2m) during your visit.
Be prepared to answer a series of questions to self-declare the status of your health when you book your appointment and upon arrival to our office. If you do not pass the COVID-19 screening, we will explain next steps and your options for care. Rest assured the questions we ask our patients are the same questions we ask ourselves before presenting to work.
Please reschedule your appointment if you are ill, present symptoms of COVID-19 infection, or have been around others with symptoms in the past 14 days.
If you are unable to keep your appointment for any reason, kindly give 24 hours’ notice. Cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be subject to a missed appointment fee.
When You Arrive
To ensure the safety of all patients and team members, arrive on time for your scheduled appointment to accommodate social distancing measures and enhanced sanitization procedures.
Upon arrival, please:
- Wear your mask and refrain from touching it during your visit.
- Immediately sanitize your hands at our sanitization station.
- Avoid touching anything you do not need to while you wait for further instruction from an MEO team member.
- Be prepared to answer the same series of questions you did at the time of booking your appointment to self-declare the status of your health.
Keeping It Clean
While MEO has always practiced excellent hygiene, we have enhanced our sanitization and disinfection procedures due to COVID-19:
- Masks are essential for everyone. MEO team members must also wear safety glasses as well as other personal protective equipment (PPE) for specific services.
- All equipment and tools are sanitized between patients, per usual.
- All patient touchpoints are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- All magazines, toys and other items have been removed from our optical gallery.
- Furniture has been rearranged to accommodate physical distancing.
Modern Eyes Optometry is reopening the week of June 8th! Please note the number of patients we see in our office each day will be significantly reduced to keep you and our team members safe. For many of you, this means it will take more time than usual before we are able to see you. Rest assured, all patients with appointments that were recently cancelled will be contacted by our office to reschedule.
Routine Eye Examinations
Routine eye examinations and dry eye treatments will resume the week of June 8th.
Optometrists may suspend, substitute or add certain diagnostic tests in order to monitor eye conditions safely due to COVID-19.
Teleoptometry services are available. Contact us and we will help determine whether your eyecare needs may be managed remotely via phone, email and/or video.
Eyewear Products and Services
Our optical gallery is open by appointment only to facilitate physical distancing and enhanced sanitization procedures. Patients with scheduled eye appointments are welcome to proceed with frame and lens selection services immediately following their examination. Patients returning to purchase eyewear are required to schedule an appointment.
Glasses and Sunglasses
We take pride in helping you select appropriate eyewear for your lifestyle needs so you can see and look your best. MEO is offering white glove service during frame selection to ensure proper disinfection and sanitization of frames that are handled or worn. This means one of our team members will bring frames to you to try on rather than you taking frames off the displays yourself.
Order contact lenses from MEO’s new online store or contact us by phone. Home delivery and curbside pick-up options are available.
Shop online with MEO or contact us by phone to order supplements, eye drops, contact lenses and other products. Home delivery and curbside pick-up options are available.
Frame Adjustment Services
Please contact us to schedule an appointment for frame adjustments. Our walk-in service is suspended until further notice.
Frame Repair Services
Please contact us to discuss next steps/solutions for eyewear repairs. Our walk-in service is suspended until further notice.
To pick-up preordered glasses, contact lenses or other products, please call us when you arrive at our office so we may bring them to you outside.